I love this quote from Winnie the Pooh. If only we could live every day believing it to be our favorite day! Too often I think we end up longing for tomorrow. We long for a time when things will be different and better.
But, tomorrow is always a day away.
Do you ever find yourself saying things like, “when this happens, then I will…”
When we make these statements, we are putting off doing something until a more opportune time. The problem is, our schedule never opens up, we never have enough time, and we end up putting it off again.
Making changes in our life is hard, and if we don’t decide that we are going to start making them today, chances are pretty good that we won’t do it.
Sometimes we have big dreams, but we scare ourselves out of doing it. We get too practical and we put off what we really hope to achieve.
Today is the right day!
If there is something you’ve been wanting to do such as: take a class, begin an exercise program, start your own business, or try something new, then today is the right day to begin!
Beginning can be small. It might mean that you do some research, begin to create a plan, or sign-up for a class that will be starting soon. There is always a step you can take right now to begin making your goals and dreams come true.
So, here are some questions to help you with taking some action today!
- What have you been putting off that never seems to happen?
- What are some hopes and dreams that you want to see materialize in the future?
- What are some small steps you can make today toward taking action?
- What plan can you make to keep your momentum going?
- Is there any help, support or information you need to do this?
- How can you think differently so that you are loving today and not longing for tomorrow?
I encourage you to work on making today your favorite day! Decide that today is the right day for you to begin working on something you’ve been leaving for the future. I can’t wait to hear what you did!