Galatians 6:4-5 says, “Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.” (The Message)
How well do you know who you were created to be? In order to really “sink yourself in” to your life’s purpose, you need to spend some time in the discovery process.
Take some time to think through the following questions:
- Who did God create me to be?
- What are my spiritual gifts?
- What is my personality like?
- What are my strengths?
- What are my weaknesses?
- What experiences have I had that have shaped me?
- What are my talents?
- What are my abilities?
- What do other people say that I’m good at?
- What are my passions?
- What are my hopes & dreams?
- What is the purpose that God has for me?
- Where is God at work around me and how can I join him?
- How does who God created me to be fit in His Kingdom purposes?
The discovery process is so much fun, enjoy it! Allow it to open up new possibilities and begin to create new goals and hopes and dreams for your future. I’d love to hear from you about how you are doing in the process! Leave a comment to let me know where you are at.